Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tim & Michaela Get Married




Ok, it is official, I am taking over the blog.  That's right, Arik may have started it .... but clearly I will be the strong finisher.  He is too busy with all of his work-related blogs ... so the family news will be coming from me.

For my first post in a long time, I thought I would share a couple of photos and funny stories from my cousin Tim's wedding this past weekend.  Matthew was the ring bearer.  As you can see from the photos, he was quite the handsome guy.  

Going into the big event, we thought that he and the flower girl were 50% at best for walking down the aisle without assistance.  They became fast friends in the last 20 minutes before the ceremony, and were able to walk down all by themselves!  It was great.  They did such an awesome job.  

Funny Story #1:  
The good and bad part of being a parent of a small child in a wedding is that you get to sit very close to the front.  That works well for letting your child come sit with you during the ceremony ... but not so well for the groom's parents who are trying to enjoy their son's special day right in front of you.  My apologies again for Matthew's blurted out comments, and goldfish spilling all over the wood floor in the middle of the vows.  Oops.  I gave him something to eat so he would stop talking.  I didn't know he would spill it 10 seconds later.  Live and learn I guess.  

Funny Story #2:
Although this one came first chronologically, I didn't hear about it until after the ceremony, so I will post it here.  Apparently as the kids were getting ready to walk down the aisle, Matthew leaned over to Ella (flower girl) and said, "Hey ... do you wanna go split a jelly sandwich?"  That's right ... pick up lines are flowing at age 4.  I don't even know what to say about that.  Should I be proud?  Should I be frightened?

Funny Story #3:
I am pretty sure Matthew is more in love with Michaela than Tim is.  He was smitten by her the moment he saw her in her gorgeous gown.  From the minute we sat down to dinner, he wanted to know when he was going to get to dance with her.  Apparently dancing with his mother was nowhere near as exciting.  
After the obligatory first few dances were done, Matthew got his wish.  He got to dance with Michaela.  She gave him a kiss on the cheek when they were done dancing, and afterwards, Matthew looked up at me with this happy dazed look and said, "Mommy ... now I am married to Michaela!"
I just died laughing.  He wanted it to be true so bad!  Sorry Tim, Matthew has his first crush on your wife.  

Enjoy the photos!

No comments: