Monday, August 31, 2009

Arik's 37th Birthday - Part 2





For some reason, 2009 was the year of 3 day birthday celebrations for both Arik and I.  For those that are loyal followers - you already saw my post about the Black Sheep pizza and dessert at Cafe Maude.  What I have yet to write about are the additional celebrations that took place on Sunday and Monday (Arik's actual birthday)!  

On Sunday evening, Arik's parents had us over for a BBQ.  Since they were handling all of dinner, I offered to bring the traditional chocolate cake.  It is hard to live up to Diane's perfection of this cake - but I followed the recipe and it came out all right!

As you can see from the pictures, it was a blast.  The kids ate themselves silly with cake and ice cream.  It was a very fun night.  

The next day, Arik and Aaron took the day off to golf in Lake City, MN.  I don't know much about golf, but the pictures looked good, and they said they had a great time.  

It took many years of convincing, but I think I finally have Arik hooked on the whole taking your birthday off from work idea.  Everybody needs a "day of me" every now and then.  Happy Birthday Arik!

No comments: