Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Teddy learns to email ...

When Arik has early meetings, the mornings tend to get interesting at our house. It is hard enough to get out the door with a shred of sanity when both of us are around - when it is just me ... watch out ...

Matthew wanted to bring Teddy to the car with us this morning. Not wanting yet another argument, I agreed it was a good idea. However, it is important to note the rules regarding bringing our "friends" to the car. The rule is that when we get to daycare that our "friends" remain in the car. They are not allowed to go into daycare.

He is usually pretty good about it, but we are talking about Matthew, so nothing is ever as simple as it should be. When we pulled up to daycare, I told him to give Teddy a hug and leave him in the car. Here is the hilarity that followed:

Matthew: "Mommy, is Teddy going to stay in the car all day?"
Me: "Yes honey. He is going to take a nice nap and be ready to play with you when I come to pick you up."
Matthew: "But Mommy ... you could take him into your work with you."
Me: "I could, but I think he is going to stay in the car all day. He looks pretty tired."
Matthew: "But Mommy ... if you take him into your work, he could sit with you at your desk."
Me: "Yeah ... but I think he would like it better in your seat all day."
Mattew: "Well ... you could teach him how to push the keys on your computer ... and he could send you an email or somethin'."
Me: "Well ... that would certainly be interesting, wouldn't it?"
Matthew: "Yeah ... Teddy is good at sending emails."

And that my friends and family ... was the start to my Tuesday. Enjoy your day! If you find any random emails in your inbox, perhaps they came from Teddy.

No comments: