Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lucky number 36


As I've grown older, and had two children, birthdays have taken on a whole new light. Nowadays, I'm much more excited about the look on my son's face when we sing him Happy Birthday than I am to wake up and realize I'm now closer to 40 than 30. But, I've also learned from my wife to take a day for myself, relax and enjoy getting older. So, tomorrow I'm taking the day off to hang out, play some golf and hopefully just enjoy a day to myself.

I've actually had quite a busy birthday day today--we traveled back from Wisconsin this morning at our Sherry family reunion. For you single readers out there, if you're ever in need of some good birth control, just take a three-hour car ride with us sometime--my parents, mother-in-law and brother know what I'm talking about. Regardless, we had a great time visiting the waterpark in Black River Falls yesterday and chatting with the Sherry klan. We also found our hotel had a special waterpark just for kids, complete with a mini slide and wading pool. Matthew must have went down that slide about 50 times last night. I'll hopefully post some video from the experience later in the week.

No comments: