Saturday, August 2, 2008

Amy karma



Many of you may not know this, but I'm a big believer in karma. Maybe not as much as Earl, but I do think it plays a role in our lives. Anyway, today is Amy's birthday and I got a quick 18 in this morning at the Dunes--a course that historically, has ate my lunch. I've barely broken 90 on the course this year in five tries. On my beautiful baby's first birthday? Different story. 77 with a one-under 36 on the back. Historic! In fact, I probably haven't broken 45 on the back all year--it's been that bad. How do you explain me making birdie on a hole I haven't made better than double on all year? How do you explain three birdies on one side--a side that has taken me apart all year? If not for a snowman on the 8th, I would have been right around par. 
Three words: Amy Jane Hanson. My karma. My baby. My sunshine. 
Now, if I can just figure out a way for her to replicate that birthday karma each Saturday morning, we'd have something...

No comments: