Sunday, August 7, 2011

No air ... in July?



So .. in the midst of one of the hottest Julys on record ... the air conditioning went out at the daycare. They were hopeful to get it working again very quickly, but I got the call around 9 am that Amy had to be picked up. I brought her back to the office with me while I figured out a plan for the rest of the day. She spotted the Panera across the street, and was plotting out her lunch order as we walked into the building. So funny!

She was so good. She colored quietly at my desk for close to an hour. Of course, we had to walk around and say hello to some people Mommy works with before we could really get down to business :)

It wasn't long until I was able to reach Grandma and Grandpa Hanson. Lucky for us, they were home and willing to take on a companion for half of the day!

Needless to say, Amy and I hit Panera for lunch before I took her over there. It actually ended up being a fun couple of unexpected hours I got to spend alone with her. She is truly a delight. Check out her office art work! Amazing what you can come up with when you have a legal pad, some highlighters, and a bunch of different colored pens ...

No comments: