Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kindergarten Music Program





To my dismay, Matthew's first year of school is coming to an end. The annual music program was a great way for his class to show off some of the things they have learned this year. Had I known it was such a big deal, I would have invited the grandparents to join in the fun! Next year - I promise.

There are four kindergarten classes at Hale, but the stage is so small that they could only accommodate two at a time.

You will laugh if you spy Matthew in the pictures. As you can imagine, if I didn't know that the program was a big deal ... I also didn't even think to dress him in anything other than his usual attire. Um ... when I walked him into school that morning, most of the girls were in dresses, and maybe half of the boys were wearing a dress shirt. One of his little friends was even wearing a SUIT!

Yep .... my child is the one in the front row (far right side - second from end) in the shark t-shirt and shorts. Oops.

Despite the informal clothing, the music program was a success! I was so impressed! The kids were up on stage for about an hour, and they sang 12 songs! There was a student that introduced each song, and some of the numbers even involved props and instruments.

They did a fantastic job!

I have been hearing those songs around our house all year. Matthew loves to sing. You wouldn't know it from the behavior reports I get from his music teacher ... but he is always belting something out around the house! Perhaps he takes after his Grandpa Hanson or his Uncle Rocco?

After the program, Matthew's teacher invited the parents to stay for snack and recess. It was really fun. Matthew greeted me at his classroom with this adorable card.

I just can't believe how much he has learned in this past year! Way to go Matthew! We are so proud of you!

No comments: