Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Garbage Lesson



I just had to share these photos. Please excuse the poor quality - we left our camera at Aaron's house last night, so all I had was my cell phone.

Matthew is quite the creative kid. While I was busy mixing up cookie dough in the kitchen - this is what he was busy doing!

He was very serious about his work, and seemed surprised when I asked him what he was up to. This is how the conversation went:

Me: "Matthew, what are you doing?"
Matthew: "Um .. I am putting garbage on the Christmas decorations. I got it out of my recycling box."
Me: "Interesting."
Matthew: "Yeah ... and Mommy ... if you want to learn about garbage ... you can just come in here ... because I am going to talk about garbage ... and how you get garbage ... and how you get rid of it!"
Me: "Sounds fabulous!"

I did make him take it down. I know, I am a mean mother. Matthew tells me that often. I should have gotten a picture the day that he moved a few of the decorations on the mantle to make room for his orange construction cones. That was pretty funny too.

Enjoy the garbage! My favorite piece, and I am not sure you can see it in the picture, was the empty bag of Goldfish. Also present were some little plastic applesauce cups, paper birthday cups, and even an empty soap box. Hilarious!

No comments: