Saturday, June 7, 2008

A weekend without Daddy...

Arik has left us for a few days to sharpen his golf skills.  We miss him, but we are not without humor in his absence.  Matthew is one funny kid.  This is a glimpse at the conversation we had while he was eating a snack this morning....

Matthew:  "Mommy, I have to go potty."
Angela:  "OK, why don't you go into the bathroom and go in the toilet."
Matthew:  "Mommy, when you have to go potty, there are options.  The options are....that you can go in the litter box, or you can go by the tree."
Angela:  "Interesting (laughing hysterially).  We don't have a litter box, because we don't have a cat.  Your option is to go potty in the toilet."
Matthew:  "Uncle Rocco has a cat.  I think he is going to be mad."
Angela:  "Why is he going to be mad?"
Matthew:  "Because the cat puked all over the floor."

Who would have thought that a three year-old could lead such a thought provoking discussion?  I was dying when told me there were options.  I often feel like he doesn't listen to me.  Apparently he is ALWAYS listening - he is just selective about when he responds!

No comments: