Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stand By Me

Saturday mornings are usually Angela's morning to sleep in, so I get to spend a few hours alone with the kids. Sometimes it's peaceful, other times it's quite chaotic. But no matter what the circumstances, it's usually one of my favorite times of the week.

Yeah, it typically entails getting up at 6 am, but it's great one-on-one time with my kids. We read books. We eat together. We watch movies (Madagascar 2 is the new fave). And we watch videos on YouTube.

For me, it's also a chance to reflect. On my week. My family. And my life. 

This morning, I stumbled on a tremendous spot on YouTube that we watched together. As I watched it with Matthew sitting on my left knee and Amy on my right knee, I got a little emotional. I'm not a hugely religious guy, but music just touches my soul in a different kind of way. Always has. And for me, listening to this song, on this particular morning, I again realized how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life. My wife. My kids. My parents. My extended family. My friends. My colleagues. 

So, take a peek at this video. It may not do for you what it does for me, but I think you'll enjoy it nonetheless.




No comments: