Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Date Night


Last night, Matthew and I had our first official "date".  His behavior has been taking a downward slide, and I think some of i is due to the fact that he and I don't get a lot of 1:1 time together.  Therefore, Arik and I decided that Matthew and I need "date night" once a week.  

Date #1:  Dinner at Houlihans!

This was an easy pick, as they have macaroni and cheese (Matthew's favorite) on the kid menu.  In addition to that tasty treat, they give them a strawberry applesauce cup, and top it all off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  What more could a 4-year old want?

Our waitress, Kristen, couldn't have been funnier.  She commented on what a handsome "date" I had several times, and totally played it up for us.  The picture above is of our beautiful artwork on the kid menus.  We did a lot of coloring before our dinner arrived, and even attempted a game of tic-tac-toe (sp?) when we were done.  I think it is a little early for that one - he didn't really get it.

Matthew can't wait for date #2.  I have a feeling we may be going for happy meals ... but it doesn't matter.  It was really fun, and his behavior today was SO MUCH better.  Yeah!! 

No comments: