Thursday, December 11, 2008

Matthew's 4th Birthday




The birthday celebrating started early this morning. The house was decorated last night (including cupcakes baked!), so we were ready to roll when the family alarm clock of "Can I get up?" came at 6:15 am.

Arik and I went in to Matthew's room and sang him happy birthday. He had a big grin on his face, and asked, "Am I bigger?" He looked in the mirror and decided that he was definitely bigger today than he was yesterday. Very cute.

After a quick trip to the potty, we headed to the dining room where presents and birthday hats awaited. He dove into the presents first. He opened some new Spiderman pajamas, and a toy electric chainsaw (complete with safety goggles :) It was hilarious. He proudly wore his birthday hat during breakfast, and was excited to see us come around the corner with a candle in his raisin toast. We even let him blow it out twice! (see video below)

I joined Matthew and his class for lunch at the daycare. I will say this - it was probably the most balanced lunch I have had in a long time. All food groups were well represented. Notice that I did not say it was delicious. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their birthday cups (Batman or Princess - their choice) and swirly straws. I heard a lot of, "Hey Matthew's Mom ... watch this...." However, my absolute favorite memory is Matthew looking at something his friend Aidan was doing and saying, "Hey Aidan - that looks just like my chainsaw!" You definitely don't hear that every day!

We topped off the day with a quick trip to the local Burger King, and some tasty chocolate cupcakes. We can't believe how big Matthew is getting, and how much he has changed in the past year. Happy Birthday Matthew!

No comments: