Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Geek Squad needs a makeover

I've had it with the Geek Squad. I really have. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt because I love what the organization stands for and the way they've so strongly branded their company. 

But, my four experiences with the Geek Squad have been anything put fulfilling--in fact, they've been downright hideous. I've waited a minimum of 20 minutes every time I've visited the Geek Squad location in Bloomington. 20 minutes! And I usually have a four-year-old or baby in tow, so I don't have the luxury of being able to wait in line for an extended period of time. What's more, my latest waiting game was merely to pick up a camera. 
 
What if I could have called ahead and alerted the Geek Squad that all I needed to do was pick this up? A team member could have greeted me, grabbed the item and sent my on my way. I would have been a satisfied customer. Now, I'm an angry customer that plans on steering as many people as he can find away from the Geek Squad.

The other frustrating thing. Each time I've been to this location, there's a pretty deep line. Meanwhile Geek Squad members come and go from behind the desk as if there aren't four people patiently waiting. How about a "I'm sorry you've been waiting, but we're a little behind at the moment, and we'll be with you as soon as we can." Not that hard and would make a difference. Or, what if when you "checked in" you were greeted by a team member and handed a buzzer (similar to what they do at restaurants) and then you were free to shop and roam the store until your number is called. Again, not that hard. For an innovative and forward-thinking organization like the Geek Squad, I guess I would have expected more. 

Work on your customer service and get back to me, GS. Until then, I'm taking my repair--and warranty--business elsewhere. Very disappointed.

No comments: