Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Planet Spain


About a month ago, my brother Dominic came up here for a family wedding. He had just gotten back from a semester abroad in Spain. He was sweet enough to bring the kids back some presents. Matthew's gift was this awesome Madrid t-shirt. It has a cool bull on it - he totally loved it.

Anyway, last week I pulled it out of his drawer and suggested he wear it to camp that day. This is how the conversation went:

Mommy: "Hey, you should wear this shirt today!"
Matthew: "Why?"
Mommy: "Because it is super cool. It has this awesome picture of a bull on it. Plus, if any of your friends ask you where you got it, you can tell them that your uncle got it for you in Spain."
Matthew: (looking at me like I was an absolute idiot) "Um Mommy ... nobody even knows where that planet is!"

It was the total comic relief I needed that early in the morning.

No comments: