Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011





It's been a while since I have posted on this blog. There is a part of me that feels like a bad mother for not staying on top of it ... but I can't type that on Mother's Day!!

Today was great! Sunday is my day to get up with the kids, so we did our usual oatmeal feast at the dining room table, and then headed out on a walk down to Lake Nokomis. It was so beautiful this morning, and the kids were so good. We stopped to play at the beach park for a while, and came home to donuts and coffee with Daddy!

The three of them had picked out a great necklace and matching earrings from Banana Republic for me. I can't wait to wear them!

We hosted an early dinner for my Mom and Arik's Mom and then the six of us headed out for a Children's Theater production of "Annie"! It was awesome. Such a talented cast!

Overall, it was a great day. It was fun to celebrate being a mother, but also to celebrate being with my mother.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: